Let’s start with the basics, CPL, or Cost Per Lead, is a conversion model, where the advertiser pays for a qualified sign-up from a consumer/user interested in the offer. It is also commonly called online lead generation.
The main difference with a CPA and a CPL model, is that in CPL, the sign-up consists of a “lead”, which can be simply a user’s contact detail, such as an email address. This info is later used by the advertiser to try to sell his/her products to the consumer either through newsletters, email campaigns or phone calls.
CPL is a model that maintains a balance between the risk for publishers and advertisers. For that reason, CPL offers pay at a lower payout than CPA. The publisher assumes a lower risk resulting in a lower payout and the advertiser assumes a larger risk by having to convert the user to sale. For example, Media buyers, must create adequate ads targeted to the correct traffic sources so as to convert that user into a quality lead. Advertisers need to optimize their services and products in order to achieve a sale from those leads provided. The key is finding the traffic or angle that can provide volume of leads that convert.
How do media buyers make money with CPL?… Simple:
- Email traffic: Email the CPL campaigns either to your own databases or to databases that you can buy. You can create your own email templates to convince the customers that they want or need a particular product before being directed to the offer.
- Desktop traffic: Use mainly pops to open your own custom pre-lander or the advertiser’s.
- Mobile WiFi traffic : CPL offers are a great way to convert your WiFi traffic, that can’t be monetized through carrier billing products.
Due to these advantages, Kimia has been preparing the market and we are now ready to work specifically on a CPL model in the following verticals:
- Sweepstakes (contests, lottery, etc.)
- Coupons (discounts at shops, services, etc.) – Finance (loans)
- Health and beauty
- Binary options
What differentiates Kimia from the rest of the performance networks, we provide:
- Top performing CPL campaigns worldwide, in all verticals
- Competitive payouts
- Custom pre-landers and email templates
- Fraud control
- Dedicated account managers native in more than 14 different languages